Tuesday 19 September 2017

Food Hong Kong- Review Classifieds and Press Room Central


Hong Kong and food go hand in hand in this dynamic city that truly is east meets west in style culture, fun, love and money! A classic example of this is the rapid or should I say rabid proliferation of restaurants (I use the term loosely) perhaps eateries is a better term. One such duo of establishments is Press Room and Classifieds on Hollywood Road Central. Both only two years young it seems that time has still not done any justice to either. While I will go into more detail on the Press Room later; today I would like to focus on Classifieds their sister Brassiere for the glitterati of HK and locals / expats living near by. (Sadly I just fall into the latter) First it must be said it's well laid out, with top marks for style, niche, product and presentation. That also sadly is where the good points end. This lunch time was another entertaining event, my very good friend G and I braved the waters to satisfy our food cravings. Simply put I will just state the details. Drinks: We ordered Ice tea and a Latte, simple enough and they got this right but I was somewhat bemused to find my ice tea served in wine glass. Food: Soup of the day Minestrone, Greek Salad and Wild Mushroom Risotto were ordered. This is where it gets really interesting. 1. The soup- watery, tasteless and as far from Minestrone as it could ever be. Greek Salad-Troy himself would have slayed to avoid this one! No lettuce of any type, all Cucumber and onion however, we did manage to find one lone tinned black olive. Risotto,-great flavor, creamy and well presented, shame the rice was not properly cooked. One may wonder why we go back....well often because it's near by but lately mostly because we just want to give them one more try and to see what else they can truly muck up while passing themselves off as high end. Please note these comments are my personal thoughts only based on genuine paid dining experiences. Also note that I have been involved in the Hospitality industry for 15+ years. Next blog La Piazzetta opening party!

No comments:

Post a Comment